Head of Engineering
Based at any TSIRC Division or Office
- Full-Time Fixed Term (3 years)
- 6 Weeks Annual Leave (FTE) with 17.5% leave loading
- TSIRC Public Holidays
- Extra Superannuation
At Torres Strait Island Regional Council our strategy is to create a collaborative working environment where we deliver innovative solutions and improved productivity across our essential services to our key stakeholders and the community.
We are seeking a Head of Engineering to manage the Engineering Services Department of Council and oversee the successful implementation of Councils corporate and operational plans to achieve key objectives.
This role will preferably be based in the Torres Strait Region or it can be based at any of our other TSIRC offices.
If you're looking for a chance to apply your skills to a unique environment, one where you'll be challenged but supported in equal measure, then we have the opportunity you've been looking for!
You will thrive with us as you:
- Ensure the delivery of essential services and funded projects including: a) water and sewage, b) civil works, c) waste management, d) parks and gardens, e) air and sea ports, and f) town planning.
- Perform statutory planning and provide advice and direction to Council with regard to engineering services matters.
- Actively engage as a key member of Council's leadership team and provide a high level of expertise in strategic and operational planning.
- Form partnerships and engage with funding agencies to enthusiastically identify opportunities for grants and funding to support Council's objectives and service delivery.
- Oversee the Department's financial management including budget development and review.
- Lead and manage a multidisciplinary team through ongoing performance appraisal and liaise with People & Wellbeing with respect to identified performance needs.
What you will need
- Bachelor of Engineering or related field (Project Management).
- The ability to be culturally responsive by demonstrating an understanding of the issues affecting Torres Strait Islander people and communicating with sensitivity and effectiveness.
What's on offer
On offer is a handsome salary package with ongoing professional development, travel allowance, uniforms and much more!
Regular Travel to the Torres Strait Islands is a requirement of this position.
Applications close 5:00 pm, Wednesday, 8 April 2020
Chief Executive Officer