Aged Care Support Worker
Based at Division 12, Masig
This is a casual position with a possibility of transitioning to part time
At TSIRC we offer 6 Weeks Annual Leave (FTE) with 17.5% leave loading, TSIRC Public Holidays, Uniforms and Extra Superannuation.
Reporting to the Manager Community Services, you will be responsible of providing timely aged care services that are responsive to the needs of Aged Care consumers with a key focus of re-enablement and increased in-home independence.
Home and Community Care
- Provide a range of Aged Care services to consumers that align with their personal goals and Care Plan in consultation with key stakeholders
- Promptly report any urgent changes in circumstances in consumer's health and home environment to the Manager Community Services to be actioned immediately
- Maintain weekly contact with, and provide weekly reports to the Manager Community Services
- Keep a daily journal of tasks and/or activities performed including consumers visited, status of health and actions for next visit
- Seek to regularly obtain feedback from consumers and family alike; ensuring the level of support continues to meet the consumer's needs
- Ensure consumers confidentiality is upheld at all times
- Work in partnership with TSIRC's Indigenous Knowledge Centre Coordinators (IKC) and Healthy Lifestyle Officers (HLO's) to support consumers to participate in these programs
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a similar role.
- Certificate III in Aged Care or related discipline and / or willingness to undertake studies
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of languages specific to the Torres Strait including: Meriam Mer, Kala Lagaw Ya, and Creole would be highly desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, and diversity of circumstances, particularly with respect to the people living in the Torres Strait Island Council region
For more information about the role, click to download a PD or contact the People & Wellbeing Team on 07 4034 5731.
If you are interested in this role, click 'Apply Now'.
Interested applicants are required to submit a cove letter and an updated resume. Address how your knowledge, skills, experience, personal attributes and qualifications are most relevant to the position.
Applications close 5:00pm, Friday, 14 May 2021.
Note: Suitable applicants may be interviewed and appointed before the closing date.